Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

So I haven't seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull yet... and quite frankly, I'm surprised. With all the hype that sequels and big blockbuster movies get these days, with midnight releases and crazy long line-ups, you'd think that the sequel to a George Lucas movie as big as Indiana Jones would be pumped up like crazy. Not to mention that it's been almost twenty years since the last one.

In the week since its come out, I've heard mixed reviews from friends. I don't even bother checking the paper anymore, its a joke. I've heard from Kyle that his parents enjoyed it, but he warned that his parents are easily impressed and don't make it out to the theatre very often. Belle said it was excellent, but she could be biased by her fondness for Shia LaBeouf.

The most interesting review I heard was from my brother Scott, who went to see it with his girlfriend. In his words, the acting was all excellent, particularly Harrison Ford. They tried to get him to act more like Sean Connery (his father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade), which I think is a solid idea. Shia LaBeouf also holds his own, although Scott said it seemed like he had a hard part trying to fit the era. I've also been told the Russians were an interesting choice, but he wouldn't elaborate.

In other news, I convinced a friend of mine that Speed Racer has the potential to be a sweet movie, and he actually went and saw it. And it sounded like it wasn't half bad either. The Wachowski Siblings don't mess around.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Waiting for your reviewed post of this movie...

Nick said...

Make with the reviewed post... *chop*chop*